Terms & Conditions
TV Conferencing (Trading as Trent Conference Centre) is a Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under Company No. 10076796.
TV Conferencing Ltd
Unit 1Easter Park
T: 0115 9244177
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018
The data legislation is designed to protect personal data about living individuals. This means that any person or organisation who handles personal data must comply with the requirements of the legislation.
Information is collected from you in relation to event enquiries and bookings. In processing enquiries and bookings you may be asked to provide information including your name, email and contact details, and those of delegates attending your event. We also collect and hold information about our business suppliers. It is entirely your choice whether to give us information about yourself or not.
There are governing principles that must be followed in relation to the processing of data about individuals including that data be:
- processed lawfully
- collected for a specific purpose
- relevant and necessary
- correct and up to date
- kept no longer than needed
- processed in accordance with individual's rights
- kept securely
- not be shared outside EEA without verifying adequate level of protection
1) What Information Do We Hold?
- Information that you give us from forms that you have filled in on our websites or on paper, corresponding with us by phone, email or letter.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information but this is not identifiable to you.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you from third parties such as booking agents, other customers or suppliers.
2) Why Do We Hold Data About People?
Personal data is collected and used for a variety of reasons:
- Providing responses to initial enquiries for conferencing events
- Contacting you to collect details and discuss planning for your event
- Ensuring appropriate catering is provided to delegates (i.e. dietary requirements are catered for)
- Contacting you to chase / arrange payments for events and conferences
- Collecting feedback about events we have hosted
- Placing orders for Items required by Trent Conference Centre
We will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your express consent, except where we are required by law.
3) How Will We Use Your Information?
- To respond to enquiries for conferencing events
- To contact you to plan your event and discuss your specific requirements
- To collect feedback on conferencing events you have booked at Trent Conference Centre
- To place orders for Items required by Trent Conference Centre
- To maintain accurate and up to date records or our employees
4) Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
- We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only Trent Vineyard staff and authorised volunteers that need to see the data can access it.
- We may store your information on computers (on hard drives, and cloud-based), in paper form, or both.
- All computers that store any personal data are password protected.
- Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
- Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5) What Is Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data?
- Our legal basis for processing personal data is different depending upon the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data that we hold, for a full list please contact [email@example.com].
- Data collected through our booking systems for the events and courses that we run is held for our legitimate interests or because of a contractual obligation to do so.
- Data collected about suppliers is collected for our legitimate interests as this is required for the day-to-day functioning of Trent Conference Centre.
6) How Long Do We Hold Your Data?
- The length of time that we will retain your data will vary depending upon the purpose for which it is processed.
- For a full list of our data retention periods you can contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
7) Your Rights
- Under GDPR legislation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website - https://ico.org.uk/.
- Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you,
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified,
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law)
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
8) Other Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our websites and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to one of our sites;
- To measure our website traffic and analyse how our websites work. This will allow us to make changes to our websites in the future and make them easier to use;
- You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note that if you disable all cookies then you may not be able to access some parts of our websites.
Trent Conference Centre
Unit 1, Easter Park
For more information on data protection please go to https://ico.org.uk
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Here are the key things you need to know when booking Nottingham conferences at Trent Vineyard Conferencing.
Once you have made your provisional booking, we'll send you a booking form and our standard terms and conditions. We ask that you sign the booking form and return it to us within 10 working days. Once this is done, the room is officially yours.
Deposits and Credit Checks
We may ask you to provide a deposit for your event. If you are a new customer then we will ask you to complete a credit check to enable us to invoice you after your event.
We will invoice you the week after your conference and ask for payment within 14 days.
Our cancellation policy reflects the amount of work that goes into preparing for your event in advance and the opportunity cost to us of not having had the room available to hire out to another customer.
We have reviewed our cancellation policy to make sure it’s fair and more advantageous to you than you might otherwise receive elsewhere.